What is an "Incident"?
A security incident is any unauthorized activity that breaches or compromises your web site, data, information, or computers. As defined by NIST Special Publication 800-61, "a computer security incident is a violation or imminent threat of violation of computer security policies, acceptable use policies, or standard security practices".
This includes (but is not limited to):
1. Unauthorized web site alteration/defacement
2. Denial of Service attacks
3. Unauthorized access to/modification of data
4. DNS Hijacking
5. Social engineering (phishing, scams, etc.)
6. Computer viruses/Trojans/malware
7. Identity theft
8. Release of personal or confidential information without your consent